Valentine’s Day is here. Whether you are planning a romantic date night with your significant other or a relaxing day to yourself, the “holiday” is reason enough to show your smile some love with professional teeth whitening.
At McLean DDS, we recommend our supervised, in-home tray-based system for safely and effectively whitening teeth up to several shades. Talk to our dentists about our professional whitening services and how you can achieve noticeably brighter teeth. In the meantime, here are some benefits of whiter teeth and easy tips to reduce stains.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening continues to be one of the most popular cosmetic dental requests among patients, and for good reason. Benefits of professional whitening include:
- Remove stubborn stains. Professional whitening enhances your smile by undoing years of coffee drinking, smoking and other habits that cause teeth to change color.
- Long-lasting results. With proper care and maintenance, you can enjoy the long-lasting benefits of a whiter smile. Following professional whitening, our team will provide instructions for how to protect and maintain your whiter teeth between appointments.
- Increased confidence. For many patients, the most important benefit of teeth whitening is an increase in self-esteem. Whiter teeth make it easy to love your smile and helps you feel more confident in personal and professional settings.
- Safe and effective. Today, there are numerous over-the-counter teeth whitening products available. Unfortunately, these products can damage your teeth if used incorrectly, and they don’t last as long as professional-strength whitening solutions. At McLean DDS, our skilled dentists will customize your whitening trays to ensure you achieve the desired results without harming your teeth and surrounding gum tissue.
How to Minimize Stains
In addition to professional whitening, you can also take important steps to prevent and reduce your teeth from staining.
- Brush your teeth after every meal. By keeping your teeth clean, you will help prevent build-up and stains on your enamel.
- Use a straw. Beverages such as sodas, coffees, teas and wines are some of the most likely culprits of teeth staining. To help reduce the risk of stains caused by these drinks, use a straw to help the liquid bypass your teeth.
- Drink water. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially after eating or drinking, as a great way to rinse stain-causing debris and prevent discoloration of your teeth.
- Choose foods wisely. To keep stains at bay, you may want to consider eliminating certain foods and drinks from your diet, such as coffee, wine, dark fruit juices and tomato sauces. If you choose to enjoy these foods or beverages, make it a habit to rinse your mouth immediately after.
Spend time this February showing your teeth some love! Or better yet, give someone you love the gift of a brighter smile. If you are interested in learning more about teeth whitening, contact our office today. Whether you desire teeth whitening treatment or another cosmetic service, our dentists are happy to help you achieve a beautiful smile.