If you are unhappy with the way your teeth look, then cosmetic dentistry may be a good option for you. Cosmetic dentistry includes specialized treatments designed to enhance the appearance of a person’s teeth or gums. At McLean DDS, our highly qualified McLean cosmetic dentists offer a wide range of cosmetic services that focus on improving aesthetics such as color, position and shape of teeth to enhance the overall appearance of an individual’s smile.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Whether you desire whiter teeth, straighter teeth or a complete smile makeover, our cosmetic dentists in McLean, VA have the training and experience to give you the beautiful teeth you’ve always wanted. There are many benefits to cosmetic dentistry including:
- Improved appearance. An obvious benefit of cosmetic dentistry is the improved smile achieved by patients following treatment. With flawed teeth repaired, you can look and feel your best.
- Increased self-confidence. When your teeth look good, you are more likely to smile and feel confident. With a beautiful smile driving confidence, many patients also experience an improvement in their career and personal relationships.
- Better oral health. Plaque is easily trapped in crooked teeth, but with teeth properly aligned, keeping them clean becomes much easier. Similarly, when a person’s teeth look great, he or she is more motivated to take care of them. Good oral hygiene leads to less problems with tooth decay, gum disease and other oral health diseases.
- Prevention of future problems. When teeth are chipped, discolored or cracked, they are susceptible to decay and other dental issues. Correcting these problems through cosmetic dentistry can improve your oral health, strengthen your teeth, and reduce the risk for future oral health problems.
Cosmetic Services for Every Patient
At McLean DDS, our cosmetic services include a full range of treatments and procedures to help patients look and feel their best. Your cosmetic dentist in McLean, VA can help you explore our procedures so that you can find a solution that fits your dental needs and goals.
All of the following cosmetic services are available at our office:
- Teeth Whitening: Your McLean cosmetic dentist offers custom take-home trays and professional in-office whitening treatment to remove stains and whiten teeth by several shades.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are ultra-thin, porcelain shells that are attached to the surface of teeth. They mimic a tooth’s color and treat a variety of cosmetic blemishes such as gaps, chips, stains and misshapen teeth.
- Invisalign: Invisalign uses clear, comfortable, removable aligners to gradually straighten teeth. Many adult and teen patients prefer Invisalign to metal braces because they are discreet, comfortable and convenient to wear.
- Bonding: This cosmetic procedure involves attaching a tooth-colored, composite resin material to the teeth to quickly fix minor flaws such as cracks, chips and gaps.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: Unlike traditional dark fillings, white fillings are designed to match a patient’s natural tooth color while restoring the strength and function of fractured, damaged or decayed teeth.
- Dental Implants: If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants can help you regain confidence. Artificial roots are surgically implanted in the jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge in place. Replacement teeth are permanent, durable, and look and feel just like your natural teeth.
At McLean DDS, we love helping patients uncover beautiful teeth of which they can be proud. Using innovative techniques, the latest dental technologies, and quality materials, our McLean cosmetic dentists can transform patients’ teeth quickly and effectively. Cosmetic treatment begins with an initial consultation and assessment in our office to discuss goals and appropriate procedures.