Are you ready to put cold, winter days behind you and jump into warmer, spring weather? So are we!
Spring is the perfect time of the year for new beginnings. As you contemplate your springtime revival, consider the benefits of a brighter smile through professional teeth whitening. Here’s a look at the benefits of whiter teeth and ways McLean DDS can help customize a treatment plan that brightens your smile by several shades.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
It’s not uncommon for teeth to lose their luster. Foods, tobacco use, medication and simply getting older are all common causes of dull, stained teeth. Fortunately, professional teeth whitening treatment provided by your dentist is an easy and effective way to improve dingy teeth and erase stains. Compared to over-the-counter products, professional whitening offers several benefits. These include:
- Confident smile. Professional teeth whitening removes unsightly stains and brightens your teeth, leaving you with more self-confidence and less embarrassment about your discolored teeth.
- Powerful results. Professional bleaching agents used to whiten teeth are stronger than over-the-counter whitening products. This means dramatic results in a shorter amount of time.
- Long-lasting. Teeth whitened professionally can maintain their dazzling white for many years with proper care and maintenance.
- Safe. A customized whitening solution provided by your dentist transforms teeth without causing sensitivity or harming surrounding gum tissue.
- Customized for the patient. Unlike over-the-counter remedies, professional whitening is designed to accommodate the fit of each individual’s mouth and specific goals for treatment. Under your dentist’s supervision, you can achieve the results you desire.
Easy and Powerful At-Home Whitening
At McLean DDS, we offer a supervised in-home system for whitening your teeth. Our research shows that the best whitening results are produced when teeth are exposed to the bleaching agents for extended periods of time rather than a single, in-office whitening treatment. Compared to in-office laser whitening procedures, our in-home solution is also less costly, lasts longer and causes less tooth sensitivity.
To begin treatment, we will first take impressions of your teeth and create custom bleaching trays. The precise molds ensure that your teeth are in direct contact with the bleaching agent when the trays are in place. This maximizes the whitening strength while minimizing contact with surrounding gum tissue.
After applying the professional-strength whitening solution to your trays, you will wear the trays on your teeth for the prescribed number of hours each day. Over the course of several weeks, patients notice a dramatically whiter smile and reduction in persistent tooth stains.
Whiten Your Teeth Today
Step into spring with a brighter, more confident smile. While whitening your teeth offers many benefits, trusting the process to your dentist is your best option. Our in-home bleaching system is convenient, safe, customized and, most importantly, effective! To learn more about professional teeth whitening, contact our office today!